Tobie Spears is the Executive Director of Guatemalan Humanitarian Tours, a non-profit organization that leads 11-day tours exploring the country, giving back, and having a blast while learning about life and how others live. Tobie graduated from the University of Utah with degrees in Sociology and Political Science and a Certificate in Criminology. She is lucky enough to have one awesome husband, two amazing daughters, and three crazy cats. Tobie fell in love with traveling when she was 17 and backpacked through Europe and drove from Utah to Canada with her two best friends. After college, she started traveling with her husband and daughters and in 2002 they spent 3 months backpacking through central Mexico. In 2013 they drove from Utah to Guatemala where they lived, worked, and volunteered for 3 months. Tobie stays busy working as a birth and postpartum doula and running her organization.
- 00:00 – 01:45 Introducing Tobie Spears
- 01:45 – 04:40 Tobie’s Tours in
- 04:40 – 07:28 Tobie’s Preschool and Nonprofit Activities in Guatemala
- 07:28 – 08:50 Target Market for Humanitarian trips
- 08:50 – 10:21 Her daughter’s experience over the last 8 years of trips
- 10:21 – 12:09 Parents and child experiences during trips
- 12:09 – 14:30 Size and people on the trips
- 14:30 – 15:25 How to find out more about her humanitarian trips
- 15:25 – 16:28 Information on sponsoring
- 16:28 – 17:17 YouTube Channel
- 17:17 – 20:06 Tobie’s Path
- 20:06 – 25:13 2021 Trip Information and Fundraising
- 25:13 – 28:05 Marketing tools that have worked for Tobie
- 28:05 – 30:52 Where Tobie sees herself in 5 years
- 30:52 – 31:28 How to get in contact with Tobie and find her tours
- 31:28 – 32:04 Closing and Find More at Peppershock.com
- 32:04 – 32:31 Visit Themarketingexpedition.com to find out more!
Schedule your Marketing Audit today!: https://www.peppershock.com/audit/
Listen to more podcasts: www.peppershock.com/marketing-expedition-podcasts/
Check out Rhea’s marketing expedition webinars: www.peppershock.com/webinars/
Thanks for listening to this episode of the Peppershock Marketing Expeditions Podcast. If you like what you heard today, please leave us a review on SoundCloud or iTunes. To make sure you don’t miss out on an episode subscribe here!