The Answer May Surprise You!
If you’re like a lot of people, you have a love/hate (or even hate/hate) relationship with your email, and we get it.
The constant notifications, the wading and searching through endless messages and strings and nests trying to find that vital piece of information that’s been buried deeper than Noah’s Ark; email is just, well awful.
You may have even heard the phrase that email is dead, and you might have been wishing it was so, until lo and behold another email came through. If email truly is dead, it’s dead like disco (and still playing in grocery stores and when you are alone and think no one is listening).
So if email isn’t dead, or at the very least is un-dead, how do you leverage it to grow your brand and bottom line?
What Can I Actually DO with email?
Here are a few of the things that you can do with email, that you probably don’t WANT to do, that people sure seem to do a whole heck of a lot of anyway:
- Bombard your coworkers/team/staff.
- Annoy your current customers or potential new ones.
- CYA, but in a way that provides the recipient with no real value or consideration.
- Enrage spam filters, firewalls, and get yourself blacklisted and despised.
As you can see, there’s a lot of really bad stuff you can do with email, but there’s also a lot of really good things you can do with email if you’re looking to add value to your fanbase or make it easy for them to buy.
Here are some things you can try, but remember to keep tracking, assessing, and improving to avoid being deleted, complained about, despised, or reported!
- Email people you know; everyone else will delete you or even worse. Ask for permission!
- Treat new contacts differently than old contacts; they are likely looking for different kinds of information!
- Give the people what they want; and that’s valuable information, insights, or entertainment. I.E., content that’s relevant to them.
- Thou shalt not share your email list: your customers should be able to trust you!
- Give them VALUE, and let them know upfront what that’s going to be. Is that coupons, special offers? Flash sales? Let them know what to expect.
- Integrate your email with your website, social media, etc. Your email marketing should make it easy for your customers to engage/buy from you.
Okay, so email is not dead; now what?
Creating and maintaining an effective email marketing campaign that works requires a strategy, great content, design skills, and a little technical know-how. If you’re ready to get started or resurrect your email marketing ambitions, we can help!
We can help you set up email automation that works, and also help you grow your email list in a meaningful way that speaks to your audience, and keeps them in the know with your products, services, and branding! Whether it’s creating eye-catching landing pages that convert or nurture campaigns that will keep those “I’ll think about it” folks from disappearing, we have your email needs covered.