Since 1986, Gequinn Mattox has worked for the University of Colorado and as a Program Coordinator on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO in the Center for American Indian & Native American Health. Since 2003, Gequinn has been an event planner & coordinator for a variety of events. She may be late to launch a business in the event planning industry, but Gequinn is not new to the industry and has been tagged to be the favored up-and-coming event planner of Colorado. Gequinn is a true “Event Slayer” in her own right.
- 00:00 – 00:24 Overview of Gequinn Mattox, her pandemic pivot story, and today’s podcast topic
- 00:24 – 07:35 Rhea’s Marketing Essentials: Choosing the right agency for your business
- 07:35 – 08:43 www.peppershock.com/product/stash-20-of-a-stock-offer/ for $20 of a stock offer from the Stash App
- 08:43 – 08:59 Welcome to the Marketing Expedition Podcast
- 08:59 – 11:28 Welcome Gequinn Mattox
- 11:28 – 13:11 Gequinn talks about being a Pandemic Compliance Advisor and what that looks like
- 13:11 – 15:01 Hear Gequinn discusses what lead her to create her own business
- 15:01 – 18:33 Events Gequinn did pre-COVID
- 18:33 – 26:22 Ways Gequinn got through the pandemic and kept her event planning business alive and what the future looks like
- 26:11 – 32:14 Marketing and networking tips from Gequinn
- 32:14 – 35:56 Advice from Gequinn to someone wanting to pursue a career in event planning
- 35:56 – 41:20 How Gequinn stays on top of the latest trends
- 41:20 – 42:31 Huge thanks to Gequinn for sharing her knowledge and journey
- 42:31 – 42:47 Thanks for listening, find more podcasts online at www.peppershock.com
- 42:47 – 43:19 Check out www.themarketingexpedition.com to build relationships with others and find the latest marketing trends
Like what you hear but need more information? Meet with Rhea Allen for a 15-minute discovery call: www.peppershock.com/book-rhea/
Stash is an app for banking, saving, and investing. Try it with this link and add cash, you’ll get $20 of stock and we’ll get a bonus too.
Schedule your Marketing Audit today!: https://www.peppershock.com/audit/
Listen to more podcasts: www.peppershock.com/marketing-expedition-podcasts/
Check out Rhea’s marketing expedition webinars: www.peppershock.com/webinars/
Thanks for listening to this episode of the Peppershock Marketing Expeditions Podcast. If you like what you heard today, please leave us a review on Spotify or iTunes. To make sure you don’t miss out on an episode subscribe here!