Laura Ballerini is an accomplished artist who has been running a thriving design boutique for over 20 years. She is the author of The Green Velvet Chair. This book is a collection of heartfelt stories depicting how art and design influence our lives. The essays span over Laura’s 40+ years in the design industry and are viewed through her unique creative lens. Her discovery: Art is not only found in a museum—it appears in music, food, nature and so much more. We are all artists in our own unique way. Laura has a degree in Visual Communications from The Alberta University of the Arts (formerly the Alberta College of Art) and is a recipient of numerous awards throughout her career. Her passion for continuous learning includes regular educational initiatives. • Laura has been running her own design boutique, BluBrown Communications Inc., for over 20 years (BluBrown is named after her two daughters; one with blue eyes and one with brown eyes—the concept was to always look at design through the fresh eyes of a child—and always asking ‘why?’.
- 00:00 – 02:18 Laura’s Bio
- 02:19 – 05:28 Marketing Essentials Moment: What is a Creative Brief?
- 05:29 – 05:57 Welcome to Peppershock Media’s Marketing Expedition Podcast
- 05:58 – 07:16 Welcome to the show, Laura!
- 07:17 – 09:38 Sharing some successful projects
- 09:39 – 11:29 Tactics that Laura utilized to help clients in reaching their goals
- 11:30 – 16:00 Laura’s creative journey
- 16:01 – 19:10 The process of rationalizing designs to clients
- 19:11 – 19:55 Cloud Campaign helps marketing agencies scale.
- 19:56 – 23:51 “It’s not about design, It’s about perspective.” -Laura Ballerini
- 23:52 – 26:29 Launching the book “The Green Velvet Chair: Heartfelt Stories of Art and Design in Everyday Life”
- 26:30 – 28:24 People that influenced Laura in digital marketing and design
- 28:25 – 29:41 Resources that Laura draws inspiration from
- 29:42 – 30:25 The Green Velvet Chair: Heartfelt Stories of Art and Design in Everyday Life
- 30:26 – 32:18 Motivational words from Laura
- 32:19 – 32:32 Thank you so much, Laura! Enjoy the journey!
- 32:33 – 33:19 Join The Marketing Expedition COmmunity today!
Cloud Campaign helps marketing agencies scale. Onboard more social media clients and charge a higher retainer with a leaner team. Sign up today!
Schedule your Marketing Audit today!: https://www.peppershock.com/audit/
Listen to more podcasts: www.peppershock.com/marketing-expedition-podcasts/
Check out Rhea’s marketing expedition webinars: www.peppershock.com/webinars/