Peter Shafer is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at The Prosper Group. Having worked for prestigious polling organizations such as Gallup and Harris, as well as large global PR firms, Peter is the ideal person to shed light on how using data effectively can vastly improve your digital marketing campaigns. Your audience is going to love his advice – whether it is made up of high-level executives, marketing experts, researchers, or business owners yearning to effectively communicate their messages and build long-term engagement with their brand. Peter believes strongly that context, content, and collaboration are the keys to success in today’s competitive digital environment. He wants to share insights with listeners to enable them to start building better digital strategies that will not only work… they will exceed their expectations!
- 00:00 – 00:18 “I have four kids ranging from 17 to 27. And none of them would answer anything that looked like a pre-1990 question…”
- 00:19 – 00:37 Welcome to Peppershock Media’s Marketing Expedition Podcast
- 00:38 – 01:22 Peter’s Bio
- 01:23 – 07:08 Marketing Essentials Moment: Sharing your Expertise with your Audience
- 07:09 – 09:39 Welcome to the show, Peter!
- 09:40 – 14:45 The challenge of piecing together different data points and data sets
- 14:46 – 20:48 Structuring customer sentiment data to benefit companies
- 20:49 – 25:16 “We as marketers have become so reliant on the trend data, we are really hesitant to disrupt it with a different question.” — Peter Shafer
- 25:17 – 25:47 Benchmark One. Simplify and get back to doing what you do best…running your business!
- 25:48 – 32:43 How data gathering surveys and polls helped Peter to pull off a successful advertising campaign
- 32:44 – 37:03 The question of interpreting data sets with data collection software tools
- 37:04 – 40:28 Peter’s words of advice for aspiring data analysts
- 40:29 – 45:03 Resources that can help people to keep up with research data trends
- 45:04 – 45:27 How to reach Peter Shafer
- 45:28 – 45:58 Thank you so much, Enjoy your Marketing journey!
- 45:59 – 46:45 Join The Marketing Expedition Community today!
Schedule your Marketing Audit today!: https://www.peppershock.com/audit/
Listen to more podcasts: www.peppershock.com/marketing-expedition-podcasts/
Check out Rhea’s marketing expedition webinars: www.peppershock.com/webinars/
Thanks for listening to this episode of the Peppershock Marketing Expeditions Podcast. If you like what you heard today, please subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes, Spotify, or Amazon Music.