Chris Hervochon, CPA, CVA is the sole proprietor of his own CPA firm, which provides outsourced accounting and tax preparation services primarily for marketing and creative agencies. Before founding his firm, Chris spent ten years working in forensic accounting and corporate accounting, and finance. He has been featured in numerous publications, including Journal of Accountancy, South Carolina CPA Report, AICPA Certificates Wall of Fame, Accounting Today, AMEX Open Forum, LendingTree, CMSWire, CEO Blog Nation, and WinSavvy, as well as a number of podcasts, for his industry-specific knowledge and accounting expertise. In 2018, Chris was one of only 41 CPAs honored by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) as a member of the Leadership Academy’s tenth graduating class. He was selected based on his exceptional leadership skills and profession- al experience for the four-day Leadership Academy program, which he graduated in October 2018. In 2019, he was selected as one of CPA Practice Advisors 40 Under 40. When he is not helping clients build and grow their companies and agencies, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and three young kids, playing golf, obsessing over efficient workflows, listening to Metallica, and rooting for his beloved Philadelphia Eagles. Every April, you can find him on the 18th hole of Harbour Town Golf Links volunteering as a Marshall at the PGA Tour’s RBC Heritage event.
- 00:00 – 00:20 Getting what you paid for…
- 00:21 – 00:40 Welcome to Peppershock Media’s Marketing Expedition Podcast
- 00:41 – 02:46 Chris Hervochon Bio
- 02:47 – 06:09 Marketing Essentials Moment: Customer Acquisition Cost
- 06:10 – 08:05 Chris, Welcome to the show!
- 08:06 – 09:10 Dealing with certainty and confidence
- 09:11 – 12:36 Gathering financial data around the marketing budget
- 12:37 – 14:19 The value of helping to scale an agency
- 14:20 – 16:14 QuickBooks Online
- 16:15 -22:59 Building contents based on the client’s needs
- 23:00 – 25:12 Red flags that have caused people to get audited
- 25:13 – 26:13 Consume your content on the go with Hello Audio!
- 26:14 – 29:50 Period of economic weirdness
- 29:51 – 33:32 “There is a huge opportunity in the accounting space if you can figure out how to get comfortable being uncomfortable.” -Chris Hervochon
- 33:33 – 36:03 Accounting, base knowledge to be an entrepreneur
- 36:04 – 37:12 Best way to reach Chris at Better Way CPA
- 37:13 – 37:51 Thank you so much, Chris! Enjoy your Marketing journey!
- 37:52 – 38:38 Join The Marketing Expedition Community today!
Schedule your Marketing Audit today!: https://www.peppershock.com/audit/
Listen to more podcasts: www.peppershock.com/marketing-expedition-podcasts/
Check out Rhea’s marketing expedition webinars: www.peppershock.com/webinars/
Thanks for listening to this episode of the Peppershock Marketing Expeditions Podcast. If you like what you heard today, please subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes, Spotify, or Amazon Music.