What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Conch from a Conch Shell that I still have from the Bahamas.
The most delightful word you can think of?
Glenda (the good witch)
What is the most rewarding advice that you’ve ever received?
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
What is your favorite movie quote?
“As you Wish…” – Wesley
What is the most interesting thing you have in your purse/wallet?
Rhea Allen, President/CEO and Co-Founder of Peppershock Media (est. 2003), is known for her story-telling passion and extreme diligence in obtaining effective media campaign results by planning and crafting relevant and compelling messaging. Also an in-demand integrative marketing consultant, national presenter, adjunct marketing professor at Boise State University, keynote speaker, and the host of a popular podcast that ranks in the top 10% globally. Rhea emphasizes team building and creating a culture that empowers her team to produce superb work for their clients, time and time again.
You might say that she facilitates her clients and crew through the creative process, but what she really does is have fun!
Rhea has over 20 years of experience in the industry, including a television news & promotions background in the Treasure Valley, as well as experience working in the top-12 market in Seattle. She provides investigative, documentary, testimonial, and “edutainment” style to her celebrated work, and has performed professional marketing and creative production services all over the world.
Peppershock is headquartered in Nampa, Idaho, but works with fortune none, to Fortune 100 companies across the globe, building brands, and bottom lines. Rhea and her husband Drew Allen, Co-Founder/ COO of Peppershock have two boys Emerson and Kaden, they enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, serving their community, and everything that life has to offer.
Awards and Recognition
In addition to her expertise as Social Media Director, Rhea has in-depth experience in media strategy and planning and has directed many award winning videos and campaigns with the Peppershock Production crew. Awards and recognition include the following:
Idaho Center Auto Mall :60 Second TV Commercial – “Shoot for the Moon”
- Emmy for Best Single TV Commercial in the Northwest (2013) from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter
- Citation of Excellence from the Idaho Advertising Federation
- Silver People’s Choice Telly Award
- Bronze Telly Award
The 2012 Canyon County Fair and Festival Campaign placed in several categories at the 2012 International Association of Fairs and Expositions Hall of Honor Communications Awards ceremony. Out of 188 fair entrants in Division 1, Canyon County Fair placed in the following categories:- 2nd Place – Category 3 – Best Magazine Ad
- 2nd Place – Category 5a. Promotional Advertising – Single Billboard
- 1st Place – Category 7a. Single Brochure/Flyer
- 1st Place – Category 10. Television
- 1st Place – Category 11a. Electronic Newsletter
- 1st Place – Category 14a. Overall Social Media Campaign
- 2nd Place – Category 14b. Best Individual Social Media Idea or Effort
- 1st Place – Category 16. Promotion Event
- Bronze Telly Award
- Idaho Press Club Award
- SBA Small Business Person of the Year Award Nominee, 2010
- Multiple 2nd & 3rd Place, International Association of Fairs and Expositions Hall of Honors Awards, Canyon County Fair & Festival Campaign, 2010
- The Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce “Small Business of the Year” Nominees, 2007 and 2008
- The Better Business Bureau “Integrity Counts” Award Nominees, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
- 1st Place Idaho Press Club Award, Idaho Math Initiative PSA Campaign, 2008
- Best Use of Sound, i48 Film Festival, 2008
- Zion’s Bank “Smart Women, Smart Money” grant, Nampa Family Justice Center Campaign, 2008
- Idaho Business Review, Accomplished under 40 award, 2006
- Idaho Business Review, Woman of the Year, 2007
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Woman of the Year nominee Idaho Chapter, 2007
Rhea Allen, Peppershock President, is frequently called upon to speak to non-profit, professional and civic organizations, to share her expertise in the entrepreneurship, advertising, marketing, social media & video production fields. As a member of the Northwest Speakers Forum, Rhea is available for speaking events and consultations. Rhea’s involvement in the community has brought Peppershock many opportunities to forge great partnerships and relationships with numerous businesses throughout the entire Treasure Valley and Pacific Northwest Region.
As a community leader Rhea has served on several boards and committees and deeply understands the intricacies of a working board. Her services and roles in the community include
- Adjunct Professor at Boise State University | College of Business & Economics, Marketing Department
- Board of Trustees for the Idaho Shakespeare Festival
- Nampa Rotary Club Board Member, PR & Membership Committee
- Former Nampa Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Founding member of the Boise Young Professionals & past Civic & Community involvement committee Chair
- Contributor to the Go Red for Women campaign for the American Heart Association
- Founding member of the Nampa Public Art Commission, a position appointed by the Mayor of Nampa
- TVTV Public Access, past board member.
- Pix Theatre Advisory Board member, working toward renovating the historic Pix Theatre. Former Pix Theatre board member and Gala Committee Chair
- Steering committee member of NYPD (Nampa Young Professional Division of the Nampa Chamber of Commerce).
- Provider of brand consulting to the Girl Scouts of Silver Sage of Idaho
- Advisory Board member to the Nampa School District, Broadcast & Media student program
- Founding member of Idaho Media Professionals group
- Idaho Startup Weekend, presented by Idaho Entrepreneurs. Organizing committee, sponsor and team adviser.
Capella University – Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Boise State University – Bachelors of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies – Business Management and Mass Communication.
Rhea is happily married to Drew Allen; together they have two boys, Emerson & Kaden.