Strangest thing you have ever eaten:
Conch from a Conch Shell that I still have from the Bahamas.
Most delightful word you can think of:
Glenda (the good witch)
Advice you got that was the most rewarding:
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Favorite movie quote:
“As you Wish…” – Wesley
Most interesting thing you have in your purse/wallet:
Since Peppershock’s inception, in 2003, Rhea Allen has managed and expanded Peppershock and has gained local notoriety in her persistent passion for causes. She is involved with the communities of Idaho and surrounding areas and has a vast working knowledge of how to generate awareness for a number of brands and causes. She is extremely diligent in obtaining effective media campaign results by planning and crafting relevant and compelling messaging for the target audience.
Rhea oversees development of all Peppershock projects, from project conception through distribution and follow-up. As an in-demand Integrative Marketing Consultant, Rhea was a primary proponent of social marketing and traditional media integration within the industry. She has a passion for discovering and telling stories through visual and audible mediums. Her television news & promotions background in the Treasure Valley and at the top 12 market in Seattle provides investigative, documentary, testimonial and “edutainment” style to her celebrated work.
Awards and Recognition
In addition to her expertise as Social Media Director, Rhea has in-depth experience in media strategy and planning and has directed many award winning videos and campaigns with the Peppershock Production crew. Awards and recognition include the following:
Idaho Center Auto Mall :60 Second TV Commercial – “Shoot for the Moon”
- Emmy for Best Single TV Commercial in the Northwest (2013) from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter
- Citation of Excellence from the Idaho Advertising Federation
- Silver People’s Choice Telly Award
- Bronze Telly Award
The 2012 Canyon County Fair and Festival Campaign placed in several categories at the 2012 International Association of Fairs and Expositions Hall of Honor Communications Awards ceremony. Out of 188 fair entrants in Division 1, Canyon County Fair placed in the following categories:- 2nd Place – Category 3 – Best Magazine Ad
- 2nd Place – Category 5a. Promotional Advertising – Single Billboard
- 1st Place – Category 7a. Single Brochure/Flyer
- 1st Place – Category 10. Television
- 1st Place – Category 11a. Electronic Newsletter
- 1st Place – Category 14a. Overall Social Media Campaign
- 2nd Place – Category 14b. Best Individual Social Media Idea or Effort
- 1st Place – Category 16. Promotion Event
- Bronze Telly Award
- Idaho Press Club Award
- SBA Small Business Person of the Year Award Nominee, 2010
- Multiple 2nd & 3rd Place, International Association of Fairs and Expositions Hall of Honors Awards, Canyon County Fair & Festival Campaign, 2010
- The Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce “Small Business of the Year” Nominees, 2007 and 2008
- The Better Business Bureau “Integrity Counts” Award Nominees, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
- 1st Place Idaho Press Club Award, Idaho Math Initiative PSA Campaign, 2008
- Best Use of Sound, i48 Film Festival, 2008
- Zion’s Bank “Smart Women, Smart Money” grant, Nampa Family Justice Center Campaign, 2008
- Idaho Business Review, Accomplished under 40 award, 2006
- Idaho Business Review, Woman of the Year, 2007
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Woman of the Year nominee Idaho Chapter, 2007
Rhea Allen, Peppershock President, is frequently called upon to speak to non-profit, professional and civic organizations, to share her expertise in the entrepreneurship, advertising, marketing, social media & video production fields. As a member of the Northwest Speakers Forum, Rhea is available for speaking events and consultations. Rhea’s involvement in the community has brought Peppershock many opportunities to forge great partnerships and relationships with numerous businesses throughout the entire Treasure Valley and Pacific Northwest Region.
As a community leader Rhea has served on several boards and committees and deeply understands the intricacies of a working board. Her services and roles in the community include
- Adjunct Professor at Boise State University | College of Business & Economics, Marketing Department
- Board of Trustees for the Idaho Shakespeare Festival
- Nampa Rotary Club Board Member, PR & Membership Committee
- Former Nampa Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Founding member of the Boise Young Professionals & past Civic & Community involvement committee Chair
- Contributor to the Go Red for Women campaign for the American Heart Association
- Founding member of the Nampa Public Art Commission, a position appointed by the Mayor of Nampa
- TVTV Public Access, past board member.
- Pix Theatre Advisory Board member, working toward renovating the historic Pix Theatre. Former Pix Theatre board member and Gala Committee Chair
- Steering committee member of NYPD (Nampa Young Professional Division of the Nampa Chamber of Commerce).
- Provider of brand consulting to the Girl Scouts of Silver Sage of Idaho
- Advisory Board member to the Nampa School District, Broadcast & Media student program
- Founding member of Idaho Media Professionals group
- Idaho Startup Weekend, presented by Idaho Entrepreneurs. Organizing committee, sponsor and team adviser.
Capella University – Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Boise State University – Bachelors of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies – Business Management and Mass Communication.
Rhea is happily married to Drew Allen; together they have two boys, Emerson & Kaden.