You have a lot to say and should be spending time booking and talking with your guests, not editing, tweaking, sweetening, learning all the ins and out of submitting your episodes to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Spotify…
Let us handle the tech for you!
If you are thinking about starting your very own podcast or just want to learn more about podcasting, then this is the episode for you! Rhea Allen, President, and CEO of Peppershock Media and founder of The Marketing Expedition teaches you about the tools, tricks, equipment needed, and things to keep in mind to get started and get going on your very own podcast journey!
1. The Consult
Before we start, we’ll discuss your recording setup and podcast goals to make sure you we’re in alignment.
2. The Kick-Off Call
With the help of our podcast production experts we’ll create intro and closing scripts that perfectly frame your podcast series so it resonates with your target audience and helps you achieve your goals. We will discover what success looks like, and define why someone would want to listen to your shows and make a plan together to achieve your desired outcomes.
3. The Recording
This is where you come in. Record your podcasts with guests or on your own. Upload your raw audio and we take it from there.
If you are in the Boise area, we’d love to have you record in our studio located in Nampa, Idaho.
Looking for recommendations on getting your own gear? We will guide you on ways you can record remotely. We can recommend microphones, headphones, audio recorder and more gear to get the right set up. If you use our studio we do have a studio rental fee $150/hour and a set up charge of $80.
5-Way Multi Headphone Audio Splitter Connector
Zoom Digital Multitrack Recorder (P4)
Boom Arm for Microphone
Sony MDR 7506 Studio Monitor Headphones
4. The Editing
Our team of producers will transform your podcast episodes into a beautiful, well-produced series full of great content, energetic opening and show closing for each podcast episode. We cut out the flub ups, some of the “ums,” awkward pauses, etc. We compress the audio to create that rich podcast sound for an excellent listener experience.
Each episode will come with a unique graphic for that episode and show notes that are optimized for SEO.
How long will it take to turn around each episode?
We can typically edit, upload and deliver each episode within 2-3 business days of receiving the raw audio. If you’d like to schedule specific days to launch your podcast episodes, we can definitely accommodate.
Here’s an example of a client we edit for:
5. The Publishing and Distribution
Our team will design and prepare all the show-notes and keywords, write up the eloquent descriptions and get everything prepared for your social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and for your own website posts. If you don’t already have accounts for hosting and an RSS feed setup, we’ll help with that as well. Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, Google Play, Stitcher…you name it, we can aggregate it. Files will have everything prepared and ready to go for you with your approval.
This will require us to have access to your social media accounts, your website, and more. If you do not have social media accounts set up and need that, we can help! An estimate will be provided for your approval for social media marketing services and the use of our social media marketing automation platform.
An estimate can also be provided for a podcast digital advertising campaign—we need to pay to play online and promote your content to increase your bottom line!
In addition, we can also help identify potential sponsors, contributors, and endorsements through bloggers, media, related businesses to sponsor, create a sales flyer sheet with sponsorship levels, set up the path for this to occur once you get an audience and followers.
Looking for a complete list of add-on features?
- For Webinars: One Motion Graphics Intro and End tag, voice-over, sizzle intro, and a call to action at the ending
- Power-point slide template created for you to input the content
- Power-point slide design for each program (all six created, content, and designed)
- Automated marketing platform monthly subscription for ROI and Lead tracking and reporting
- Social media profiles and pages created and set up
- Have our own Zoom subscription
- Google ad words campaign
- Facebook/Instagram Ads campaign
- YouTube Advertising campaign
- LinkedIn promoted posts campaign
- Blog post content & visuals. In addition to the vid-casts and podcast posts to your website, turning the content from the podcast into a blog post for great SEO purposes
- Social media posts, management, and visuals (in addition to your vid-cast and podcast posts to your social media channels)
- Guest booking page, form creation, and automation, and calendar syncing platform insert an affiliate link to schedule
- Podcast guesting and Webinar interviews, Solisticing and pitching potential guests to be on your shows
- Reporting, analytics, conversion tracking tool, costs can range based on the platform selection
- Other services available and quoted upon request
We can help you become a podcast and webinar star!
We would be delighted for you to apply to be a part of our podcast & vidcast program.
Not ready to apply, but need some Podcasting 101 basics instead? Learn more about podcasting by becoming a member of The Marketing Expedition Community and receive special membership pricing for our Peppershock Media creative production services as well!